Lee Nguyen And Other Stuff…
Foxborough, Massachusetts – September 13, 2014: In a Major League Soccer (MLS) match, the New England Revolution (dark blue/white) defeated Montreal Impact (white/light blue), 2-1, at Gillette Stadium.
What can I say, sometime I fire off an “Odds & Ends” column and, wouldn’t you know, within 48 hours a bunch of stuff pops up that would have been included if I’d just waited a little longer. Ah well, you can’t win them all. Here we go…
- Lee Nguyen has signed a new contract (length and terms not disclose…of course) with the New England Revolution. This is good news on several levels. First, the Revs go as Lee goes- he’s both the “conductor” and the “engine” of this club. Second, this will hopefully keep Lee in the USMNT picture for the near future. Third, the last time Lee’s contract came up it was not in a good way, there was talk of him not being happy, talk of him sitting out practices, etc. and that has been avoided.
- You know who’d look good in a Revolution kit if he’s not going back to PSG…oh, right he’s going to Arsenal. I’m sure that’ll work out fine.
- Hey, speakin’ of that USMNT, you’re probably waiting on my take on the new USMNT kits. Yeah, not gonna happen ’cause it doesn’t require a post of it’s own. Here’s the deal: the only thing the black away kit would be good for is a goalkeeper’s kit and the home kit looks like, well, that nobody cared, not even a little. Here’s a tip for the future, Nike: stick to hoops or sashes and you can’t go wrong.
- When is it okay for an American company to take over the world’s oldest professional football club- Notts County F.C.? When it’s that or go out of business on April 25.
- Andrey Arshavin recently signed a deal with FC Kairat of the Kazakhstan Premier League. This raises so many questions, the firs two being, “He’s STILL playing?!” and “Kazakhstan has a Premier League?” Follow-up question, “What team does Borat support?”