Ross County F.C. 1 – 1 St. Johnstone F.C.
Here are some of the reasons I am perfectly happy with yesterdays draw at McDiarmid Park.
- An away point is always a good result. Always.
- One could rightfully expected a “let down” after winning the League Cup at the weekend, both in terms of the performance and the result, but this was not the case.
- With the clubs level on points going into the match it was always going to be a close run thing.
- The result was achieved with something less than County’s “best eleven” on the pitch, with Liam Boyce and Alex Schalk both playing less than a half.
- With the Highland Derby coming up this weekend it was good to see Michael Gardyne have another great match, for Brian Graham to get his name on the score sheet again, no player being cautioned, and to the best of my knowledge, not player picked up an injury.
- All of this sets up a good weekend. If County can do the business- even if they only earn a draw- it is likely that every other result will help them. Celitc will likely beat Kilmarnock, a Hamilton – Partick draw would do nicely, Hearts will likely beat St. Johnstone, Aberdeen will likely beat Motherwell, and while a few weeks ago I wouldn’t have thought so, Dundee United might be able to take a point from the Dundee Derby. These results, or anything similar to them will see County either tread water for the week or create distance from the clubs behind them.