Your Ideas Are Needed!
Last year, Halifax.
If you’re a reader of this site you are well aware that very year since 2007 my friend Dan and I have gone away for a “bonding” weekend and I need ideas for 2016!
We alternate between visiting a city (this year Milwaukee, previously Cleveland & Memphis) and doing something physical/competive (long-distance hike, off-road duathlon, orienteering race).
In 2016 we are looking for something from the latter category- does anyone have any ideas?
Here are some things to consider:
- We generally have 4-5 days to work with including traveling to/from our destination.
- In the past we have stayed in the eastern half of the U.S. to cut down on travel time.
- We generally get together in late spring or early fall to make the most of the nice weather.
Beyond that keep in mind that:
- We go to a new place each time (been to ME, MD, PA, WV, VA, TN, OH, WI, & Nova Scotia).
- I live in MA, Dan lives in MD, we’d prefer to “get away” rather than remain on our home turf.
- We’d like to try something new.
- We’re not ruling out a winter activity/event.
- The availability of good BBQ is always a plus.
Thanks in advance!