WeeFuse Feels A Bit Lightheaded
There are currently seven “invitees” training with the official members of the New England Revolution’s roster. The players are:
- Marco Fenelus (F): Fenelus was the Revolution’s only draft pick this year. More about him here.
- Tyler Rudy (M): Undrafted out of Georgetown University and D.C. United’s U23 team.
- Tim Mulgrew (M): Undrafted out of George Mason University.
- London Woodbery (D): Played at Maryland and for Arizona United (USL-Pro) last season. More here.
- Jacob Van Compernolle (D): Undrafted out of UNC-Wilmington. Might be the “prize” of this group- one of the best players not taken in the draft.
- Trevor Spangenberg (GK): Played at Missouri State, for several PDL clubs while at MSU, and very briefly for Chivas USA last season.
- Joe Nasco (GK): The Revolution picked up the former Rapid- and former policeman- last season in the thinly disguised salary/international player dump that sent Dimitry Imbongo and Geoffrey Castillion to Colorado for a nanosecond before they were cut loose. You probably remember him for this.
That’s cool and all, but the real Revolution story today- as is being reported by both Soccer by Ives and New England Soccer Today is that this guy is close to resigning with MLS/New England Revolution:
If this happens Revolution supporters- including yours truly- will lose their damn minds. Why? Consider something like this as your opening day line-up:
TIERNEY FARRELL GONCALVES ALSTON/BARNES
My reaction to this possibility falls somewhere between this: