The Tanner Ba’s World Cup Bracket Challenge
No, really, there will be a prize!!
Who’s up for a little friendly competition?
I’m proposing a winner-take-all World Cup Bracket Challenge for anyone who might be interested.
This will be a points-based competition with points awarded in the following manner:
- 1 point for each advancing nation picked.
- 1 point for picking both advancing nations from a group.
- 1 point for picking the order (first and second) of the two nations advancing from a group.
- 1 point for picking the winning nation.
- 1 point for picking the margin of victory.
- 1 point for each goal scorer correctly picked.
- 1 point for picking when the match will end (regulation, OT, PKs).
- 1 point for picking the final score (regardless of how the match ends- regulation, OT, PKs).
IN THE EVENT OF A TIE
If, at the conclusion of the final match two competitors are tied on points the winner will be determined by the number of points compiled in the final match (based on the knockout stage point criteria). If the two competitors still remain deadlocked after applying the tie-breaker I will award FULL prizes to both.
Your choice of…
- A $25 iTunes gift card
- A $25 Amazon.com/Amazon.co.uk gift certificate
- An item from my football clothing collection (to be negotiated!)
- Dinner on me for those who live nearby (that’s at least two of you!)
…or, another prized suggested by you and approved by me prior to the kick-off of the first match.
- Full brackets must be submitted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 4pm on June 11 (24 hours before the first match kicks-off).
- Full brackets will be published prior to the kick-off of Brazil-Croatia at 4pm on June 12.
- Updated standings will be updated after each match day.