Ross County F.C. 3 – 2 Hibernian F.C.
(There is a slight hitch in the video about 2/3 of the way in- you can skip past it)
Here is everything you need to know about yesterday’s Ross County victory over Hibernian:
- Coming into the match Hibernian were in second place and County were in second to last place in the SPL.
- In the last three meetings between these two clubs County’s record is 2-0-1.
- This was County’s first SPL win at
Victoria Park Global Energy Stadium.
- The winning goal was the first by Colin McMenamin- County (and the First Division’s) leading scorer last season.
- County are in 10th place (out of 12) after yesterday’s win, but combined with Inverness Caledonian Thistle’s victory over Dundee, County have now opened up a 7 point gap on last place Dundee- after only 10 matches.
- Yesterday’s victory put County back on/above the 1 point per match rate that I have perviously predicted will safely see them through the season and into a second in the SPL.
- The match marked the first senior start (and only second overall appearance) for 19 year old midfielder Steven Ross, who by all accounts, acquitted himself well. Ross is a product of County’s well-respected youth program- his brother Ryan is also in the County youth set-up.
- Swiss defender Mihael Kovacevic also made his first start for the club.
- County’s Stuart Kettlewell has now scored in all four Scottish divisions- Queens Park (3rd), Clyde (2nd), and Ross County (1st & SPL).
- How was that outside of the left foot finish by Iain Vigurs?
- Speaking of Vigurs, I think it’s about time for a national team call-up. No disrespect to him, but Scotland are so poor right now that he couldn’t do anything but help. While we’re at it, how about Richard Brittain and Scott Boyd?
- Manager Derek Adams said this week that players who have not featured much thus far may be shipped out during the January transfer window to make room for new players who it is hoped will bolster the squad.
Next up are 8th place Heart of Midlothian F.C. on the 27th. Here’s hoping we can beat them as well and sweep the club’s from the Auld Reekie!