Odds & Ends: It’s all happening at once!! Edition.
2012-2013 Tottenham Hotspur F.C. 3rd Jersey
Generally speaking I don’t like to do more than one of these “Odds & Ends” posts a week, but by the time I arrived home from work today there was simply too many topics to tackle if I wrote a separate post about each one of them- so here we are. I hope you’ll forgive me.
- Spurs released their 2012-2013 3rd kit by debuting it in a preview video from EA Sport’s FIFA ’13, which is pretty neat. The kit itself is…okay. With the black shorts and black socks (both with yellow trim) it looks to me more like a goalkeeper’s kit than it does a field player’s. I guess it’s fine.
- Last night on Twitter I predicted that the the following things would happen in the New England Revolution’s match against Chivas USA: the Revs would score first, Shalrie Joseph would score for Chivas, and the Revs would blow the lead. Here’s what happened: the Revs opened up a three goal lead, Shalrie Joseph scored twice against his old club, and the match ended in a 3-3 draw. Do I know my team or what?!
- In other news that will not come as a shock, Ross County F.C. manager Derek Adams won the first SPL “Manager of the Month” award for guiding the SPL n00bs to an undefeated start to the season. Adams has now won the equivalent award in the top three Scottish divisions- not bad for a man who just turned 37. Adams accepted the award in this jacket…which I absolutely COVET!!…but is not for sale through the club shop. It might be time to call in a favor or two…
- Ross County F.C. forward Steven Craig has been sent on loan to Partick Thistle F.C. until January. Let me interpret that for you- he’s gone for good. Craig scored a historic goal against Celtic F.C. in the Scottish Cup semi-final a few years ago (it’s the first highlight here- still gives me the chills) and was in the middle of some great form last season before an 8 match suspension (“accumulated naughtiness” was the cause) derailed his season and he had not played a minute so far in the club’s first SPL season. Craig never gave less than his best for the club and he is wished well by all of the clubs supporters.
- Ranger’s Kirk Broadfoot has left the club by mutual consent, which raises two questions: First, what the hell is Carlos Bocanegra doing?! The transfer window is about to close!! Is he throwing in the towel on his USMNT career?! Get out, son!! Second, and I’m going to enjoy typing every letter of this: whatever happened to Newco owner Charles Greene’s threat to sue the pants off any player who left the club because he (Greene) believed he had purchased those contracts when he purchased the holdings of the Rangers Oldco, while the players (and the law of the U.K., I might add) considered the contracts null and void?
- One way or another we should know Clint Dempsey’s fate by midday tomorrow.
- Finally, Scotland boss Craig Levein has announced the roster that will begin World Cup 2014 qualifying matches next weekend. The good news is that goal-scoring wonderboy Jordan Rhodes is on the roster. The bad news is that, at least for the matches against Serbia and Macedonia, Darren Fletcher is not.