I think the key to this recurring feature at The Tanner Ba’ is not to do it too often. That way when I decide to dig it up and post it again I’ve had some time to think of some good questions- and I think I’ve done that this week. I’m especially happy with some of the unique people and aspects of the footballing world that these questions bring to light. So, even if you’ve never played before, why not give it a shot this week? At worst you’ll have enough information to bore people with at your next cocktail party. Do people still have cocktail parties? What about pot luck dinners, are those still as popular as they used to be? Well, too the questions!
1. What do Alexi Lalas, JoJo, Sabrina, and Colby O’Donis all have in common?
2. Only three New Hampshire natives have played for the USMNT- who are they?
3. I played in a FIFA U-16 World Championship (scoring two goals!), I was a starting point guard at a Division 1 school, and I then played for in MLB for 11 seasons. Who am I?
4. What current German club was once the factory team of both Audi and Trabant?
5. What is the only club to play in the Bundesliga, the UEFA Cup, and come from a city with a suspended monorail!?
6. Who was the first Scottish player to play in the top four Scottish divisions with the same club?
7. Who is the only Maltese international to play in an MLS match?
8. During my 18 year career I led two different European leagues (France and Belgium) in scoring for a season each, represented a third country- which no longer exists- as an international player, and once scored the “Goal of the Year” in my home country. I was also the first player of my race to be capped by my country. Oh, and did I mention that my father was American? Who am I?
As always, please send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight next Tuesday. Good luck!