WeeFuse’s Day of Rest
I awoke this morning with grand plans for the site, but the fact that I have lifted a finger yet to make any of these plans happen makes me think my mind and body could use a day off, so I’ll
be falling asleep on the couch settling in to watch NY and Seattle momentarily. I’ll return tomorrow with the following:
- Abrief report on yesterday’s Ross County F.C. – Clachnacuddin F.C. preseason match.
- Another brief report on the Moraig MacAngus Memorial Trophy match played today in Glasgow between supporters of Ross County F.C. and Inverness Caledonian Thistle F.C. to raise money for the Progressive Supranuclear Palsy Association.
- A word or two on last night’s frustrating New England Revolution match.
- An update on whatever naughtiness the SPL gets up to at its Annual General Meeting (AGM) tomorrow. I hate to say it, but if there is anything to report it probably won’t be good. If they are stupid enough to create an SPL2 and put the Newco into in order to circumvent recent actions taken by the SFA and SFL, all hell is going to break loose. I don’t want that. I want it all to go away and to enjoy Ross County’s first year as a top flight club. Please.
- Finally, I don’t know if I’ll get to it tomorrow, but, inspired by Kenny Miller’s impending move to the Whitecaps, I’m considering writing a lengthy piece on the role of Scottish players in American soccer over the last century plus. If not tomorrow, that’ll happen some time this week.
In the meantime, please enjoy, all the way from Rossville, TN, the hill country blues of Mr. Mississippi Fred McDowell…
If that song doesn’t tug at your heart or touch your soul, you don’t have either.