Circumstances prevented me from being at my laptop when the deadline for submitting answers came so if you did get them to me in time feel free to congratulate yourself via the comments section. If you’re just interested in seeing the answers click through…
1. What former player and current manager’s first name and last name share a word with a club he once managed?
Current Hansa Rostock F.C. manager Wolfgang Wolf was once the manager of VfL Wolfsburg.
2. I am an ethnic Lithuanian, born in Ukraine, but I was capped by three other countries- who am I?
Andrei Kanchelskis (who played for Manchester United, Everton, and Rangers among others) is of Lithuanian heritage, was born in the Ukraine and was capped by the U.S.S.R., the C.I.S., and Russia.
3. What kit manufacturer originally produced military and scouting uniforms?
The English firm Bukta, founded in 1879, began by making shorts for the British Army and Scouting movement. By 1884 Nottingham Forest F.C. was wearing kits made by the firm.
4. Name an airport named in honor of a famous footballer?
George Best Belfast Airport
5. What English goalkeeper played over 500 top flight matches in England between 1984 and 2000 but was never selected for the English National Team?
Steve Ogrizovic of Coventry City F.C.
6. What graduate of Columbia High School in Maplewood, NJ played over 500 matches between England’s old Forth Division and the Premiership and scored 32 times in 36 international appearances?
Bermudian international Shaun Goater.
7. Which demolished 1966 World Cup stadium was the subject of a song released in 1989?
The Pogues 1989 album “Peace and Love” featured a song called “White City.” White City Stadium was built in 1908 and hosted everything from football, to greyhound racing, to boxing to, to track and field, to motorcycle racing.
8. What European football stadium was named after an American general?
Stade Pershing- named after General of the Armies John Joseph “Black Jack” Pershing- stood in Vincennes, France from 1919 through 1960. It hosted Olympic football matches and multiple Coupe de France finals.